GlobalScot is a partnership between Scottish Enterprise & Scottish Development International. GlobalScot is managed by Scottish Enterprise (SE) and complies with SE policies.
Any personal data or sensitive personal data provided by you to Scottish Enterprise through your use of this website will be held and processed in accordance with the data protection principles set out in the Data Protection Act 1998 Link opens in a new window for the purposes of meeting the legitimate interests of SE, the Scottish Ministers, the Scottish Government and SE’s partner organisations: Business Gateway, Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Development International and Highlands and Islands Enterprise.
This policy only applies to this website. Third party websites which are linked to on this website are not covered by this policy.
By visiting and using this website, you are agreeing to the terms of this policy.
For the purposes of the Data Protection Act 1998, the data controller is SE.
What information do we collect?
- Registration - Some areas of this website may require you to be registered with us prior to access being made available to a particular area of the website or to obtain certain services. Our registration process involves providing us with your name, address, telephone and email address. We may also request some information relating to how you are using the GlobalScot network.
- Forms - The information you give us in our forms (including all enquiry and application forms) may include your name, postal address, email address, phone number and your message to us.
With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- Technical information - This website keeps track of usage data, such as the source address that the page request is coming from (your IP address, domain name), date and time of the page request, the referring website (if any) and other parameters in the URL (for example search criteria). This information is stored in log files and is used for aggregated and statistical reporting but is not attributed to you as an individual.
What do we use your information for?
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the information and services that you request from us
- To provide you with information about other services we offer that are similar to those that you have already enquired about
- To provide you, or permit selected third parties to provide you, with information about goods or services we feel may interest you
- To notify you about changes to our services
- To improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer
- To administer our website and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, when you choose to do so
- To keep our website safe and secure
- To make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our website about goods or services that may interest you or them
What information do we share?
We may send information about you to other companies or people in the following situations:
- Agents - On behalf of GlobalScot, SE will share your information with professional advisers, strategic partners, survey and research organisations, the Scottish Government and our partner organisations, namely: Business Gateway, Skills Development Scotland, Scottish Development International and Highlands and Islands Enterprise and other individuals and organisations that we employ or work with to perform functions in certain situations on our behalf. Examples of these functions include providing careers and employment services and following up on enquiries. These agents have access to the personal information required to perform their functions, but may not use it for any other purpose. This may also in certain circumstances involve the transfer of your information abroad however we will not transfer your information outside the European Economic Area without first ensuring that an adequate level of protection is in place.
- Compliance with law - We will release personal information where we are required to by law or by the regulations and other rules (including auditing requirements) to which we are subject. We may also exchange information with other companies and organisations for the prevention and detection of crime, fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our website.
Storage of your information
All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your information, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your information for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing at any time by contacting us using our contact form, calling 0300 013 3385 or email email@example.com.
You have the right to ask for a copy of the information held by us in our records in return for which we may charge a small fee. You also have the right to require us to correct any inaccuracies in your information.
Changes to this policy
We may edit this policy from time to time. If we make any substantial changes we will notify you by posting a prominent announcement on our website.